Call for social media speakers
No surprise but the question we get asked most often is "How can I speak at SocialDay?" For the last few events, we have sourced our speakers by going out to events, talking to well-informed individuals and looking at who is active in the topics that we want to cover. Our last event is not even a week old and already we are beginning to organise the 2018 event. This is still our primary way to build our programme. However, for the first time, we are giving you an opportunity to pitch your session ideas and let us know that you want to talk at SocialDay.
We are looking for speakers in a few areas:
- Case Studies - have you worked on a project or with a client, had great success, done something that broke the mould or learned lessons you want to share that will add value?
- Workshops - Workshops will last up to 60 minutes and must provide delegates with actionable advice, we are looking at a variety of topics from platform specific, content creation and tutorials.
- Panel Participants - Want to get involved and share your knowledge but not sure about a talk, then why not get involved with the panel debates? We ask the audience questions and the panel answers them, simple.
Could you provide a keynote session? If so why not let us know that you are interested in getting involved?
Our delegates will understand the basics of Social Media Marketing and are looking for content and sessions that give them the edge. The audience in the main is made up of marketers, freelancers and business owners who are looking to see examples of what can improve results and drive new thinking.
The next steps would be to send us an email outlining your session idea. We only need a few paragraphs at this stage, to include:
- Session Title
- Brief outline of the Session
- Why this should be included in the programme
- What you think delegates will get out of this
- How you intend to present
please send this over to firstname.lastname@example.org deadline for applications is the end of September.
Successful applications will be invited to have either a face to face/Skype interview with the SocialDay team to flesh out the session in more depth.
We will still be actively seeking speakers from our programme, so look out for us at other events!